NEW SOUNDS ENSEMBLE
The New Sounds Ensemble is a new bespoke music group led by Deal Festival, which combines internationally acclaimed professional musicians with outstanding young musicians. The ensemble will focus on rehearsing and performing contemporary music, whilst providing mentoring and professional development for young musicians.
Leadership from Musical Directors Michael Foyle and Maksim Štšura, together with mentoring from exceptional professional musicians.
The New Sounds Ensemble will meet for the first time in March 2018.
We are looking for outstanding young musicians to join the ensemble in March 2018, and to commit to performances at other Deal Festival concerts in coming months and years.
For more information, please contact: Deal Festival Education Administrator:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 07927 781 536
new sounds ensemble Spring Course:
Dates: Saturday 24th / Sunday 25th March 2018
Venue: Junior King’s Canterbury
Address: The Junior King’s School, Milner Court, Sturry, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 0AY
Times: Saturday 10am - 5pm
Sunday 10am – 3pm
Sunday 3.30pm performance at Junior King’s School Recital Room
Criteria for young musicians:
• Grade 8+ (or equivalent) musician
• Aged between 13 and 25 years old, showing a commitment to...
- investigating interesting musical repertoire, especially contemporary music
- further work with Deal Festival 2018 and beyond
- pursuing a professional musical or musically related career or with the intention of maintaining a purposeful musical dimension to personal activity beyond education
Likely instrumentalist positions required (list not fixed):
Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, French Horn, Trombone, Trumpet, Tuba, Percussion, Timbales, Electric Guitar, Synthesizer, Violin, Viola x 2, Double Bass, Electronic Music
• Please fill in the application form overleaf (signed by a parent/carer, if under 18 years) and scan / email to our Education Assistant via email@example.com or via post to Deal Festival, New Sounds Application, 49 Barton Mill Road, Canterbury CTl lBP
• Send a short audio or video of yourself playing your instrument (for example, recorded on your smart phone with two examples of short contrasting pieces / studies, to our Education Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
• As appropriate and as necessary we may meet with individuals, and will be in touch if this is the case
• Musicians must commit to learning the music in advance of the weekend, which will be sent 2 months in advance
• Musicians must have availability for the full weekend of Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th March 2018, and be available for a rehearsal and performance in early July (likely Monday 9th July 2018)
• Deal Festival will select musicians on the above criteria and will notify all applicants of their application status
• Deadline for applications: 15th December 2017